For the development of a strategy it is necessary to develop a comprehensive concept beforehand.
- The identification of critical factors of success by searching for hidden potentials for success and their level of utilisation.
- The quantitative and qualitative availability of company resources and their potential for optimisation.
- The strengths (core competence) and weaknesses (potential for optimisation) of the company as well as the definition of how to expand the strengths and how to minimise the weaknesses.
- Ascertainment of customer needs and customer benefits.
- Definition of the product and service quality to be delivered as well as the unique selling proposition.
- Description of the company’s vision.